Here at Combi Doctor your family’s safety in is our priority. All tenanted properties legally have to have a valid CP12 (Landlords Gas Safety certificate), we also offer a Home Gas Safety Report for peace of mind. Upon completion you will be provided with a certificate of compliance along with peace of mind.

Understanding the dangers around Carbon Monoxide can save lives.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon Monoxide (also known as the silent killer) is a highly poisonous gas that responsible for approximately 30 deaths per year. It is very difficult to detect as you cannot see, smell or taste it. High levels of Carbon Monoxide exposure can prove to be fatal, even low exposure can cause lasting damage.  Carbon Monoxide is produced when these solid fuels are burned without sufficient air or ventilation

If you have an oil, gas or wood burning boiler, fire, water heater or cooker you should fit a Carbon Monoxide alarm.

Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning?

The six main symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are:

  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Breathlessness
  • Collapse
  • Loss of consciousness

Many of the symptoms of carbon monoxide are similar to those of flu, food poisoning, viral infections, or simple tiredness. Other warning signs that suggest carbon monoxide poisoning include symptoms that:

  • Only occur when you are at home
  • Disappear or get better when you leave the home and come back when you return
  • Are seasonal – e.g. headaches during the winter when the central heating is used more often
  • Or other people in your household (including your pets) are experiencing similar symptoms

If you experience any of these symptoms, seek immediate medical advice from your Dr, call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 (NHS 24 in Scotland on 08454 242424) or if it is urgent, call 999 for an ambulance.

Although you can’t see or smell carbon monoxide, it is possible to identify signs that there may be a strong risk of it being produced.

Danger signs to look out for around gas and other fuel-burning appliances include:

  • Sooting or yellow/brown staining on or around your appliance
  • Excessive condensation in the room where the appliance is installed
  • Lazy yellow / orange coloured gas flame rather than a sharp blue one
  • Pilot lights that frequently blow out